Saturday, May 21, 2005

don't ever think vege laksa, by Ghibs

ROSE GARDEN. 43x, Elizabeth Street.

Alright. This is sort of a guest review by my friend.
When I heard his reaction, I knew I had to put this on the blog. For the sake of the rest of the people like us.
This is from our msn chat log:

Him: i can go out for a drink maybe, anyway, did i tell you i went to rose garden?
Him: yesterday night, for dinner, i ordered their vegetable laksa.....
Him: i am normally thankful for food on my table, but yesterday's dish was so bad i felt like going in there to kill the cook
Me: ok... sounds disasterous
Him:it was, all they gave was a lot of vegetables, which i think they hardly cooked, cause it was hard as rock
Him:it only had 2 pieces of taufoo, the curry was watery
Him:and the noodles was just bee hoon, which was also stiff
Him:they hardly cooked it
Him:and the best of ALL!!! there was no TASTE!!! NOT EVEN SALT!!!
Him:i wanted to fling the whole bowl unto the floor and upturn the table ala Young and Dangerous style...and it costs $7.20, that was what really burnt me, the meat dishes was a little cheaper
Him:idiots....

Quality: 0 Service: 7 Price: 0 Variety( food on the dish): 0
Score: 1.75

Ouch. I guess don't even think about Vege Laksa when you go to Rose Garden. I don't know. When a restaurant could cook a dish this badly, they might as well take it off the menu.
It's really dangerous if that's the dish first comers ever ordered.