Wednesday, June 01, 2005

don't ever argue, just go.


BISMI. 848 Sydney Road, Brunswick.

If you're taking tram 19, Bismi is in between stop 27 and 28. There's a big sign in front saying 'Malaysian, Singaporean, Indian cuisines". I think that is just to confuse Australians.
Yet nevertheless there's always a lot of Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indians in Bismi. Everyday. Everytime. It's that good.
Hell, even I dine there at least once a month.
Everyone has their own favourites in Bismi.
It's not surprising. It's flexible in price: roti kosong or teh tarik for $1.50, curries and friend chicken at $4+, murtabak for $5.50, to nasi goreng or mee goreng for $7+.
You have lots of choices too. ESPECIALLY for vegetarians. Instead of the normal 'let's just pick the meat out' dishes, you actually get a whole section dedicated to vegetarians in the menu.
So try the usuals: roti canai(prata), mee goreng, nasi goreng, murtabak, fried chicken, dosai...
I recommend the Paper Dosai. It's a rolled up foot-long crispy Dosai. Nice to share as a snack or an appetizer.
I like the Mango Lassi too.
I dunno. I'm just writing this review for the sake of reviewing because Bismi is so damn popular and I'm sure you've been there before. No? you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quality: 9 Service: 7 Value: 10 Variety: 10
Score: 9