Friday, June 17, 2005

don't ever believe everything

Ah. I just realised I haven't put on the scores for the past two review. Seriously, I don't think I need them anymore.
Maybe I've found my conscience(highly doubt so), for the past few days I'm pretty reluctant on reviewing restaurants.
I am no cook. And setting myself up as a know it all, taking cheap shots at the people trying to make a living peeling calf tongue, peeling liver membrane, scalding their hands on red hot steel pot while I sit in my room and type with nice clean fingers.
That's just not right.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, well, they criticize.
I'm just a mouth and a computer.
This has been bothering my so much that I think I should quit writing review. But then again, I thought: I'm not making money out of this.I'm writing these reviews as a recommendation to my friends, which are the people who visits this blog anyway.
It is based strictly upon my own subjective sense of taste.
If you're unhappy, leave. This applies to any of my blog. And I insist that we have the same right towards restaurants.
If some restaurants give crap services. I have the right to know and avoid. But that doesn't mean that I do not appreciate the effort of the workers, especially the chefs.
So I'll keep writing. As a guide. As a recommendation. As my way of life, food wise. Read with care. But do not take it personally.