Friday, June 17, 2005

don't ever complain about health


MEIJI JAPANESE CAFE. 105, Little Bourke Street.

The specialty of Meiji would be the Kamameshi rice dishes. It is, I would assume, a really healthy dish.
They'd toss the ingredients and rice into this metal bowl on a wood stand, and steam it till it's cooked.
I tried the chicken and prawn kamameshi while my friend ordered the salmon, ham and egg kamameshi.
Tha latter tastes better.
It's not greasy nor sticky and tastes like something my mother would cook back home: 'Aiyo food outside so unhealthy!'
It's not that popular judging on the number of customers. But it's good so that you get to talk better with your friends.
It's not the 'I'm out of business' type of empty. The shop is empty, but with pride and dignity.
I'd say do try out the Kamameshi. Apparently Meiji is the first restaurant to introduce this dish.