Wednesday, June 29, 2005

don't ever bring more than $10


CAMY SHANGHAI NOODLE HOUSE. Tattersalls Lane, China Town.

Ah. Cheap food you say?
This is as cheap as it gets.
15 dumplings for $5.80.
You can choose from a classic dumpling, soup dumpling. chili oil soup dumpling, or pan friend dumpling.
If yous share it among 2, you pay $3 each.
The noodles are pretty much the same price. Big servings. I always struggle to finish them. I think sharing is a better solution now.
I suggest the Shanghai fried noodles. I still wouldn't say it's the best ever. But it's still better than Spicy Fish.
Still don't have the courage to try the spice-famed Dan-Dan Noodle. Tell me how it is if you do happen to come across it.
I strongly recommend the pan cake with spring onions above. It's not actually pancake. It's like Chinese fried dough.
Nothing can go wrong with fried dough.
This restaurant is listed among the '100 things to do below $10' in Melbourne. I think. Maybe it's outdated.