Wednesday, June 29, 2005

don't ever expect big portions


IKU YAKITORI. 139, Sydney Road. Brunswick.

This restaurant here serves the best Gyoza.
Really. The skin is actually soft and tender, like the dumplings were actually pan fried instead of the normal deep fried crunchy greasy feelings you get.
I've tried the Dan-Dan Ramen as well.
I think 'Dan-Dan' dishes only come from Shanghai?
Oh well, so it's pretty much ramen topped with mince spicy pork in soup. As disapporving as it sounds, it was good.
Damn good I might say.

Their signature dish here is obviously the Yakitori's. But they cost a bomb. And the portions are small.
I forgot what I ordered, some grilled chicken breast with plum sauce(?). As you can tell, it didn't leave a long lasting impression.
I strongly urge you to order the Dan-Dan Ramen & Gyoza against the Yakitori's. It's only chicken on sticks anyway.
But still, expect to pay $15 for a meal.
Ouch! Don Don, anyone?