Wednesday, July 27, 2005

don't ever go unprepared

ASIANA. 181 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park.
Sorry this Chinese restaurant review has to go without picture as I was caught off guard by an appointment to go there.
It was a great dinner with my brother's girlfriend's sister and her husband. (Yup, have fun decyphering that)
We had scallop dumplings in Laksa soup for starters.
Then we had tiger prawns with sweet and sour sauce. I think. It tasted close to Scampi yet it's better than any Scampi I've had.
We had Peking Duck. It's TDF. Probably the best Peking Duck I've ever had in my life. Really.
And we had this beautiful black pepper beef on Choi Sum. It's not your regular beef stripes beef. I'm talking about steak quality beef.
How much did the dinner cost you ask? I dare not imagine. David paid. Such kindness. Such generousity.
And yea, we got a complimentary dessert because we ordered a really great wine as well. Unforgettable night.